Current Affairs PDF for February, 2017
Although there are many current affairs available on the web, but most of them suffer from the same problem : lengthiness. They are too long that they eventually becoming boring to read. This PDF capsule is designed specially for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL aspirants. It is crisp and short. Information is provided precisely and to the point. Beside this, most of the events happened in that duration are duly covered.
Clink on the link below to download pdf for February 2017 Current Affairs. Or you can also click on the image for downloading pdf.
February, 2017 began with a series of events which are covered in this pdf capsule. You may also like February important days. Subscribe to this blog for more such current affairs.
To mention some event, here is a small list :
- Budget 2017-2018
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely presented his fourth union Budget 2017-2018 in Lok Sabha on February 1, 2017. The Budget is called as Annual Financial Statement as per Article 112 of the Constitution on India.
- This is the First time budget is presented on Feb 1 instead of last day of February.
- Railway Budget has been merged with General Budget.
iii. Abolition of Planned and Non-planned Expenditure.
- Agenda was TEC India, i.e. Transform, Energize and Clean India.
- Allocation under MNREGA increased by Rs 9500 crore to 48000 crores.
- Allocation under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is 19000 crore.
vii. Under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, govt. aims to construct 1 crore houses by 2019 for houseless and people living in Kucha Houses.
viii. Extra allocation of Rs. 4814 Crore for Deen Dayal Upadhayay Gram Jyoti Yojana for 100% electrification by May1, 2018.
- Rs. 4500 crore allocation for Deendayal Antyodyaya Yojana (National Rural Livelihood Mission) for promotion of skill development and livelihood for rural people.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras PMKK to extend to all 600 districts of India. Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for livelihood Promotion Programme (SANKALP) to be launched in 2017 to provide training to 305 crore youth.
- Skill Strengthening for Industrial value Enhancement (STRIVE) to be launched in 2017-2018.
xii. SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active Learning of Young Aspiring Minds) platform will be launched with 350 online courses and linked it to DTH cables.
xiii. National Testing Agency to be setup to reduce the load of CBSE and AICTE.
xiv. Mahila Shakti Kendras to be setup at ICDS (Integrated Child Development Services) with allocation of 500 crores at Anganwadi Centres.
- Action plan made to eliminate Kala-Azar and Filariasis by 2017, Leprosy by 2018, and Measles by 2020 and Tubeculosis by 2025.
xvi. Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh to be created with a corpus of 1 lakh crores over a period of 5 years for the safety if passengers.
xvii. High speed broadband connectivity to 1. lakh gram Panchayats by 2018 and DIGIGAON initiative for tele-medicine and skills by Internet.
xviii. M-SIPS (Modified special incentive package scheme) and EDF (Electronics Development Fund) and Trade Infrastructure for export Scheme (TIES) to be launched.
xix. Foreign Investment Promotion Board to be abolished and CERt-Fin (Computer Emergency Response Team Financial ) to be launched.
xx. Centenary of Champaran Satyagrah and 100 years of Sabarmati Ashram to be commemorated by Govt.
- New rule to bring Transparency in Electoral Funding
A political party can only receive cash donations upto a maximum of Rs. 2000 per person. This is done to prevent illegal funding of elections by using Black Money.
- New Income Tax Norms
Income between 2.5 lakhs and 5 lakhs is now taxable only at 5% instead of previous 10%.
For people with annual income between 50 lakhs and 1 crore, a surcharge of 10% of Tax is payable.
Small firms with turnover upto rs. 50 crore only need to pay 25% tax instead of 30%.
- Neeti Mohan to collaborate with UN for Women Empowerment
Noted Indian Singer Neeti Mohan for a project titled Musin To Inspire – Artists United Against Human Trafficking which is managed by the UNODC. Song is called Udne De.