Current Affairs PDF for January, 2017
Although there are many current affairs available on the web, but most of them suffer from the same problem : lengthiness. They are too long that they eventually becoming boring to read. This PDF capsule is designed specially for SSC CGL, SSC CHSL aspirants. It is crisp and short. Information is provided precisely and to the point. Beside this, most of the events happened in that duration are duly covered.
Clink on the link below to download pdf for January 2017 Current Affairs. Or you can also click on the image for downloading pdf.
Year 2017 began with a series of events which are covered in this pdf capsule. You may also like January important days. Subscribe to this blog for more such current affairs.
To mention some event, here is a small list :
1. PM announces schemes for the Rural and Urban Poor and Farmers –
- In the address to the nation Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced housing schemes for the urban poor. Now, the urban poor who take loans to build or renovate house will get subvention of 4 % on loans of Rs. 9 lakhs and 3% on loans upto Rs. 12 lakhs.
- In Rural areas poor taking loans upto Rs. 2 lakhs will get interest subvention of 3 %.
- PM also announced to convert 3 crore Kisan Credit Cards into RuPay cards so that the farmers can but agricultural and other items from anywhere without going to bank.
- A 60 day interest has also been waived on the farm loans taken for the Rabi Season, if the loans have been taken from the District Co-operative banks and Primary Societies.
2. Maharashtra Government Unveils the portrait of Social Reformer ‘Prabodhankar Thackerey at BMC –
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis unveiled the portrait of Social Reformer ‘ Prabodhankar Thackerey’ in the general assembly of BMC (BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation).
- His real name was Keshav Sitaram Thackerey born in 1885. He was a social reformer, author and key leader of Samyukta Maharashtra Samiti which campaigned for the linguistic status of Maharashtra.
3. World’s largest Street Light Replacement Programme –
- Union Minister of Power Mr. Piyush Goyal dedicated the world’s largest Street Light Replacement Programme to the nation on January 9, 2017.
- The Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) has started in South Delhi Municipal Corporation. It is a Joint venture between EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Limited) and M/o Power.