SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper Essay Letter
SSC has released answer keys of SSC CGL Tier 2 2016 exam on 24th January, 2017. Also in notification SSC has announced the tentative date of CGL Tier-III exam which is going to be around 5th march, 2017. So students need to do practice for SSC tier 3. Those who are confident enough that they will get thorough tier 2 cutoff, have even started preparing for tier 3.
Scheme of Descriptive Paper in Tier 3
The Paper will be of 100 marks. It has been notified by SSC paper is most likely to be of question about ESSAY and LETTER writing. Formal letter should be written. It is not very sure if Precis & Report may also be Required to be written by the Applicant.
Paper – 100 marks
Duration – 60 minutes
Topics- 1. Essay (250 words approx)
2. Formal Letter (150 words)
3. Precis writing (Maybe Asked)
4. Report writing (Maybe Asked)
Please note: In CHSL 2015 tier 2 paper Report and Precis were not asked by the SSC.
Nature of CGL Tier 3 exam
Exam will be qualifying in nature, but marks will be considered for merit list. Tier 3 will be Bi-lingual. It will be in both Hindi and English. This exam is designed to test your ability to write well. How good you represent your views on the topic. It also helps the Examiner assess your mindset and your overall perspective on things and government policies.
Writing Strategy for SSC CGL Tier3 paper
The key to cracking this paper is having an adequate knowledge and enough practice. 60 minutes is plenty of time if you know what you are doing. Here are certain tips that you should follow-
- Practice one Essay and Letter daily for at least a 15 days.
- Read news and current affairs to stay updated.
- Read a newspaper and try to write only those point which look important enough to be asked in the exam.
- Govt. schemes and policies like Jan Dhan Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana etc must be read.
- Try to write simple words and not very heavy vocabulary. Once or twice is OK.
- Try not crossing the word limit, also dont stuff words to keep within the limit.
- Remember,they want officials not Professors!
Sample Essay and letters format for SSC Tier 3 CGL Exam
Go to SSC Website